When purchasing bearded dragons for sale, it is important to find a reputable source that breeds healthy, high-quality animals. Some factors to consider include:
Breeding and Housing Conditions
Look for breeders that house dragons in appropriate enclosures with opportunities for exercise and environmental enrichment. Well-bred dragons from breeders focused on health and temperament are more likely to be hardy, tame, and socialized. Ask about the breeder’s practices to ensure high standards of care and responsible breeding.
Reputable breeders will provide a health guarantee of at least 30 days, ensuring the animal is parasite-free and in good health. They should also screen breeders for genetic diseases and disorders. Obtain records of routine care and any tests or treatments. Healthy dragons will have clear eyes, nostrils and vents, strong appetites, and active, alert dispositions.
Reviews and References
Search online for reviews from previous customers. Look for mostly positive reviews mentioning healthy, interactive animals and a good purchasing experience. Ask the breeder for references from long-time customers or veterinarians. Contact them to get unbiased opinions on the quality and health of animals.
While higher prices don’t always mean higher quality, extremely low prices can be a sign of substandard breeding practices or unhealthy animals. Do research on average pricing for high-quality, captive-bred bearded dragons to determine a fair price range. Reputable breeders with high standards charge reasonable prices to cover quality care and breeding costs.
Following these tips will help ensure you find a healthy, personable bearded dragon from a trusted source. With the proper selection and care, a bearded dragon can make an excellent long-term pet.
Benefits of Buying Bearded Dragons From Reptilessales.com
As a reputable breeder of bearded dragons, Reptilessales.com offers many benefits to customers looking to purchase these popular pet lizards.
All bearded dragons from Reptilessales.com come with a 14-day health guarantee ensuring your new pet arrives happy and healthy. Their team of herpetologists thoroughly examines each dragon before shipping to certify it is in optimal condition. Should any health issues arise shortly after receiving your dragon, Reptilessales.com will work with you on a resolution.
Reptilessales.com breeds champion bloodlines of bearded dragons that produce vibrant colors and desirable traits. They pride themselves on producing some of the most attractive and hardy bearded dragons in the industry. Their breeding team has over 40 years of combined experience and focuses on temperament, conformation, size, and color.
Live Arrival Guarantee
Reptilessales.com guarantees all bearded dragons will arrive alive and in good health. Their innovative shipping methods utilize temperature-controlled containers to ensure safe transport. In the unlikely event of a dragon arriving deceased, they will promptly ship a replacement or provide a full refund including shipping fees.
Reptilessales.com provides exceptional customer service and support for all their bearded dragon owners. Their team of knowledgeable representatives can assist you with any questions regarding habitat setup, feeding, handling, health, and more. They are committed to the long term well-being of bearded dragons in captivity.
In summary, purchasing a bearded dragon from Reptilessales.com provides assurance in receiving a hardy, vibrant pet and dedicated support for its lifetime. For these reasons, Reptilessales.com is a reputable source for bearded dragons.
Selecting Your New Baby Bearded Dragon for Sale Near Me
When selecting a bearded dragon for sale, there are several factors to consider to find a healthy new pet.
Baby bearded dragons, while cute, require diligent care and feeding multiple times a day as juveniles. For first-time owners, an adult or subadult may be easier to care for, as their needs are less demanding. Adult bearded dragons are often already socialized and handle human interaction well.
Size and Morph
Bearded dragons come in a variety of sizes and colors. Larger dragons, like the German giant morph, require spacious enclosures and eat more, while smaller dragons like the Rankin’s dragon are better suited to smaller spaces. The color morphs refer to the dragon’s scale pigmentation and pattern. Common morphs include citrus, leatherback, and hypo. Choose a morph that you find most appealing.
When viewing bearded dragons for sale, look for the following signs of good health:
- Bright, alert, and clear eyes: Avoid dragons with swollen, crusty, or clouded eyes
- Healthy appetite: Ask if the dragon is eating a diet of live insects and greens
- Active and mobile: Check that the dragon moves freely and grips firmly
- Smooth, even scales: Look for any abrasions, lesions, or parasites on the skin
- Solid droppings: Droppings should be firm and well-formed, not runny
- Average weight: Use a chart to determine if the dragon looks over or underweight for its age and size
- Low stress behaviors: Choose a dragon that does not display aggressive behavior towards handlers
By selecting a bearded dragon based on age, size, color, and health factors, you’ll find a new family member that lives a long, happy life. Performing research on proper husbandry and environment setup before purchasing will help ensure you can properly care for your new pet dragon.
Caring for Your New Bearded Dragon After Purchase
Once you purchase your bearded dragon, proper care and handling will be essential to its health and longevity. ### Diet
A balanced, nutritious diet is key to raising a healthy bearded dragon. Offer your dragon a variety of live insects like crickets, Dubia roaches, worms, and feeder insects 2-3 times a week. Gut-load feeder insects before offering to increase their nutritional value. Also provide a shallow water bowl for drinking.
In addition to live feeders, chop and slice fruits and vegetables like bell peppers, squash, carrots and leafy greens. Offer diced fruits like berries and melon in moderation due to their high sugar content. Never feed your dragon grapes, tomatoes, avocado or citrus, as these can be toxic.
For adults, live feeders should make up about 75% of the diet, with fruits and vegetables rounding out the rest. Always have fresh, clean water available in a shallow bowl.
House juvenile bearded dragons in at minimum a 40 gallon long aquarium with a secure mesh or screen lid. Provide a basking spot with UVB and heat lamps over one end of the tank. The basking spot should reach 95-105 F. The cool end of the tank should be around 75 F.
Include branches or platforms at multiple levels for climbing and basking. Substrate like reptile carpet, tile or newspaper is ideal. Avoid loose substrates like sand and wood shavings which can cause impaction if eaten.
Mist your dragon with lukewarm water or give shallow baths 2-3 times a week to keep it hydrated. Spot-clean the enclosure daily and change about 25% of the substrate every week.
Handling and Taming
Bearded dragons can become quite socialized and bond very closely with their owners. Gently handle and interact with your new dragon daily to help socialize and tame it. Always support its whole body since it can drop its tail if frightened.
Limit handling to 15-30 minutes a day, especially for juveniles. Never grab your bearded dragon by its tail, as this can injure it. With regular interaction, your dragon should become quite tame and social over time.
Proper care and handling from an early age will help ensure your bearded dragon lives a long, healthy and happy life as part of your family. Do research on reputable care sheets to give your new pet the best life possible.
Frequently Asked Questions About Bearded Dragons for Sale
Frequently Asked Questions About Bearded Dragons for Sale
When purchasing a bearded dragon, you likely have some questions about their care, diet, and habitat. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about bearded dragons for sale:
- What do bearded dragons eat? Bearded dragons are omnivores, so they eat both plants and insects. Their diet should consist of 80% plant matter like vegetables and fruits and 20% live insects like crickets, dubia roaches, and mealworms. Some recommended vegetables and fruits include squash, bell peppers, carrots, apples, and berries.
- How big of an enclosure do bearded dragons need? An adult bearded dragon will need at minimum a 40 to 50 gallon long aquarium or reptile enclosure. Bigger is always better to give them plenty of space to climb and bask. Include climbing branches, basking spots, hiding spots, and other enrichment.
- Do bearded dragons make good pets? Yes, bearded dragons can make great pets for novice and experienced reptile owners alike. They are personable, friendly, and enjoy interacting with their owners. However, they do require daily interaction, feeding, misting, and cleaning, so you must commit the time to properly care for a bearded dragon.
- How long do bearded dragons live? With proper care and a healthy diet, a bearded dragon can live 10-15 years, and some even live 20 years or more. Their lifespan will depend on factors like diet, habitat, health, and breeding. Females typically live a bit shorter than males.
- Do I need any special lighting for a bearded dragon? Yes, bearded dragons require UVB and heat lighting for their enclosure. A UVB light helps them synthesize vitamin D and stay healthy. A basking spot light provides heat. Timer controls can automatically regulate the day/night cycle.
If you have additional questions about bearded dragons for sale or their care requirements, consult a veterinarian who is knowledgeable about reptiles. With the proper diet, habitat, lighting, and regular checkups, a bearded dragon can make an rewarding lifelong pet.